Social media is now an ingrained part of everyone’s lives, and there is little chance that it will be going anywhere anytime soon. But, since technology is constantly advancing and improvements are always being made the way we use social media is going to change. 2016 will see some significant changes in how people are gaining access to social media as well as how people are using it in general. This is going to be especially true when it comes to how businesses can utilize social media in marketing efforts.
2016 Social Media Trends To Look For:
- Smartphone access will be the number one way people will be using social media. Over the past few years social media accounts have been used and accessed through mobile devices more and more. When it comes to marketing or promoting through these channels, businesses will want to make sure their ads and content can be easily viewed on mobile devices along with desktop or tablets.
- Social media platforms will be a go-to place for reviews. Though countless sites allow customers and consumers to share their experiences and thoughts on a product or service, more people are going to be searching social media for these types of customer feedback.
- Facebook has been the leading social media platform for a number of years and that is not expected to change. But, many of the user will be of an older generation. Though Facebook will still be the number one platform as per usage and audience; if you are looking to market to the younger 20 something crowd, you might want to rethink spending that much advertising money on Facebook ads.
- Platforms such as SnapChat and Instagram will be gaining momentum in the marketing world. Instagram especially is beginning to provide marketing opportunities to its users via Ads, and this is one bandwagon you will want to get an early jump on.
- Instant publishing options are going to be a new trend in the marketing world of social media. Though this instant article publishing used to be limited to the major publisher names, many social media sites have made a transition that allows smaller business to utilize this. These can allow customers to make post or reviews about specific products or experience with the service they received.
- If you are planning on starting the blog or looking to supply your audience with content, it needs to be of the best quality. Due to maturity of readers, social media users are only going to be interested in reading and keeping up with the content that is of quality.
- Storytelling will make a huge impact on how you relate to your target audience. Customers will be more interested in choosing a company that tells a story about the company and one that they can interact with. This is also going to be impacted by the virtual reality system that is set to hit the market in the early months of 2016. Customers are going to want to be able to have a hands-on feel for a company and storytelling is one of the easiest ways to welcome new customers into your audience.
What do you think will the state of social media in 2016? We would love to hear your thoughts in comments!